IHS VGPD Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Entities/Enemies/Mobs

+3
GreenlightRJ
Admin
Daedalus_
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Regarding Entities/Enemies/Mobs - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding Entities/Enemies/Mobs

Post  Admin Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm

That's true, maybe the skill tree could be something that doesn't mess with the storyline though. We could have it so using points would increase your power in certain skills, but wouldn't make you too overpowered in one area. Or we could go without a skill tree altogether

Admin
Admin

https://ihsvgpd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Regarding Entities/Enemies/Mobs - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding Entities/Enemies/Mobs

Post  StrykerX49 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

Either way we go with these ideas we can't implement them until the story and characters are established.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:02 am

StrykerX49 wrote:Yeah I know. I just said Metal Gear because the game let's you play as a trigger happy maniac or like a silent assassin depending on your moos as the player. It's just the first thing that came to my mind when avoiding fighting was brought up.

Also..., this!: But I think the main player shouldn't be that OP in comparison to the monsters, the main character should have a slight to mid advantage.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  0rphanedpho Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Unarmed is a possible combat style, but i dont think any sensible person would punch a screaming, flesh-hungry mutant in the face without some kind of hand protection. Maybe, if we're including a crafting system, there would be specialized equipment for punching things? Like plated gloves, made from the skin of a mutated animal and a plate of metal from a car? Or maybe the shell of a mutated turtle wrapped on a boxing glove? idk.

As for the power trees, I think the Skyrim type tree would be great, but the only problem i had with it while playing skyrim was that once I started on a particular way of fighting, I would be forced into that tree in order to fight the stronger enemies effectively, so the way the player is going to fight is going to be determined at the very beginning of the game, not allowing much room for adjustment during the course of the game.

... Unless we're going for a character selection, with each character having a certain specialty, like Sam with firearms, and Leonard with melee weapons (I would like Leonard to use melee weapons, if we're going to use him, like Fire Axes, and some of the makeshift weaponry I had Evan come up with)

0rphanedpho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum