IHS VGPD Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No RPG elements

4 posters

Go down

No RPG elements Empty No RPG elements

Post  StrykerX49 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:54 pm

RPGs take time to develop and require reusable assets in models and programming blocks. For the sake of both the modelers and programmers I request the storyline team please limit themselves to something more linear.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

No RPG elements Empty Re: No RPG elements

Post  kimchipr0 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 pm

welllllllllllllllllll that may pose a problem with avoiding repetition but yeah since this is our first game, we shouldn't push ourselves to the brink of death xD
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

http://kimchipr0.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:07 am

kimchipr0 wrote:welllllllllllllllllll that may pose a problem with avoiding repetition but yeah since this is our first game, we shouldn't push ourselves to the brink of death xD
I think that we should avoid repetitiveness if we can.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Repetition in straight playthroughs or repetition in gameplay? We can have a game that's linear and not be repetitive. Even though it's the same story everytime you play it and nothing changes it still provides a good variety of structure. It seem to me that everyone thinks that the only way to avoid repetition is to have the game change its story everytime you play like an RPG. May I remind everyone that a dynamic RPG is difficult and time consuming to make unless everyone is very sure we can pull it off. Otherwise keep it linear. And yes, plot branching is considered linear as long as it is the same level tree every time you play. Multiple endings are fine and plot splits/multiple arcs are acceptable. I just suggest we keep it to a minimum for the convenience of everyone.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerench Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

by that do you mean that we should only use a few original endings for all four characters? or should we only use two or three? we could also use the same ending for all of the characters, a convergence, yet have different campaign events.
bluerench
bluerench

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Different campaign events are acceptable. All characters will have their own story to tell and the ending is the same for everyone in terms of what is going on. Individually different things will happen to them to form their own original conclusions.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Repetition in straight playthroughs or repetition in gameplay? We can have a game that's linear and not be repetitive. Even though it's the same story everytime you play it and nothing changes it still provides a good variety of structure. It seem to me that everyone thinks that the only way to avoid repetition is to have the game change its story everytime you play like an RPG. May I remind everyone that a dynamic RPG is difficult and time consuming to make unless everyone is very sure we can pull it off. Otherwise keep it linear. And yes, plot branching is considered linear as long as it is the same level tree every time you play. Multiple endings are fine and plot splits/multiple arcs are acceptable. I just suggest we keep it to a minimum for the convenience of everyone.

Well, we should first develop a master plot, and the game, then we can deviate like how it is in "The Walking Dead"

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Exactly, that's what I've been saying this whole time. I'm just trying to appease the side that want's this to be a full blown RPG story with multiple branching stories without thinking of the main plot because none of them listen. -_- Also the master plot is already settled I believe. Judging since we only have 1 outline no contest with multiple character bios...we'll see in tomorrows meeting. Smile
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum