IHS VGPD Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLOTSSSSSSS!

+10
StrykerX49
John de la Cruz
lesliep21
Steven Yu <><
ictaurus
El Presidente
Daedalus_
WeylanWang
0rphanedpho
kimchipr0
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! Empty PLOTSSSSSSS!

Post  kimchipr0 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Okay guys, put all your ideas here!
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

http://kimchipr0.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! Empty Plot ideas~

Post  0rphanedpho Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 am

Alright, I knew there were some plot ideas voiced in today's meeting, and I heard that we were doing a "Government Project" backstory. I talked to some of the other members (including Omar) and we came to some sort of an agreement that the idea was a bit Cliche. I've got some ideas, but I have yet to actually put them into a readable substance. I'll post them when I have them all down. Thx -K.Ha

0rphanedpho

Back to top Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! Empty Re: PLOTSSSSSSS!

Post  WeylanWang Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:13 am

Depending on if you want this to be a medieval styled hack 'n slash or a more "modern era" hack and slash, the style of plot and gameplay can vary greatly

WeylanWang

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm

WeylanWang wrote:Depending on if you want this to be a medieval styled hack 'n slash or a more "modern era" hack and slash, the style of plot and gameplay can vary greatly
It's going to be modern, maybe a bit post-modern, a bit of new technology. Since I'm sick, I'm gonna type up an awesome plot. pirat

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Here's an elaboration of the original plot I created; It wouldn't be as cliche as a mutant virus, it would be something, more diabolical, and chilling: bit (dot) ly/T6t8UF

P.S. Change the no links thing on the forum, it's really annoying

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! Empty ---

Post  El Presidente Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Let's do a Deus Ex-style conspiracy
El Presidente
El Presidente

Back to top Go down

Post  ictaurus Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:38 pm

or we can have something aong the lines of the government tryintg to save the enviroment before the world collapse, and someone against the government tamoered with it causing the overgrown plaqnts, the mutant animals and the mutant humans. lol!
ictaurus
ictaurus

Back to top Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! Empty colors

Post  Steven Yu <>< Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:52 pm

hey is it possible to change the
comment text colors on this website?
the light navy blue color is kinda hard to see with the dark navy blue background

Steven Yu <><

Back to top Go down

Post  kimchipr0 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 pm

ictaurus wrote:or we can have something aong the lines of the government tryintg to save the enviroment before the world collapse, and someone against the government tamoered with it causing the overgrown plaqnts, the mutant animals and the mutant humans. lol!
orrr a traitor in the government that is either someone who hates humans or is not quite human themselves!
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

Back to top Go down

Post  ictaurus Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 pm

kimchipr0 wrote:
ictaurus wrote:or we can have something aong the lines of the government tryintg to save the enviroment before the world collapse, and someone against the government tamoered with it causing the overgrown plaqnts, the mutant animals and the mutant humans. lol!
orrr a traitor in the government that is either someone who hates humans or is not quite human themselves!
yush somehting like that
ictaurus
ictaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  lesliep21 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Maybe some mutated humans still retained their individual will, intelligence, and memories but have become monsters on a totally different level. They actively hunt uninfected humans to turn them into monsters like them too for whatever reason such as loneliness, make them superior lifeforms, or they're just sadistic/vengeful after being rejected by society for being incurable and repulsive. Potential for a mid-boss/sub-plot.

lesliep21

Back to top Go down

Post  John de la Cruz Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 pm

You mean like how all humans eventually turn into monsters without them even knowing it and by the time they realize it, it's too late? Sounds pretty effing creepy.
John de la Cruz
John de la Cruz

Back to top Go down

Post  lesliep21 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I can just smell Nietzsche/Freud potential. Bosses might be like persona where a person's mutated form is the manifestation of their obsessions/sins which will add depth to antagonists. Though we have to be careful not to get to hammy with stuff like this.

lesliep21

Back to top Go down

Post  kimchipr0 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm

lesliep21 wrote:I can just smell Nietzsche/Freud potential. Bosses might be like persona where a person's mutated form is the manifestation of their obsessions/sins which will add depth to antagonists. Though we have to be careful not to get to hammy with stuff like this.
that's like silent hill D: i dont really like that stuff haha i mean things being a manifestation of obsessions/sins. i mean it sounds cool. i just dont like it cause something like that already exists, plus this plot is more sciency, not something profound and supernatural like that
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

Back to top Go down

Post  ictaurus Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 pm

lesliep21 wrote:I can just smell Nietzsche/Freud potential. Bosses might be like persona where a person's mutated form is the manifestation of their obsessions/sins which will add depth to antagonists. Though we have to be careful not to get to hammy with stuff like this.
i can work with taht
ictaurus
ictaurus

Back to top Go down

Post  0rphanedpho Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Alright, just rambling here:
What if we do something that DOESN'T involve a well-funded, almost all-powerful force like the U.S. government, but something smaller and much more seemingly less capable of causing such kind of harm like a drug lab manufacturing a new type of stimulant or something, not a large corporation like Umbrella, but like a little shack in like Mexico trying to impress their drug lord or a small pharmaceutical company looking for something (warning: stupid alert) to boost human work efficiency (kind of like 5-hour energy) by using organic material from a fungus in the forest. The drug becomes comercially successful, without known sudden side effect, but with unknown long-term side effects like cell deterioration, replacement of body chemicals with like chlorophyll, leaves sprouting from pores instead of hair, etc.
The bodies of humans that OD or die from these side effects become some sort of compost or like plant booster, explaining the sudden growth in vegetation, while the spores inside of the drug mutate vegetation (flowers, fruits, vegetables) where the body dies. In turn, since many people are dying, animals are able to roam (more) free, and coming upon these fruits, eat them and cause mutations (when they breed) creating a sort of plant/animal mix.

and i just lost my train of thought... Sad

0rphanedpho

Back to top Go down

Post  kimchipr0 Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:27 pm

0rphanedpho wrote:Alright, just rambling here:
What if we do something that DOESN'T involve a well-funded, almost all-powerful force like the U.S. government, but something smaller and much more seemingly less capable of causing such kind of harm like a drug lab manufacturing a new type of stimulant or something, not a large corporation like Umbrella, but like a little shack in like Mexico trying to impress their drug lord or a small pharmaceutical company looking for something (warning: stupid alert) to boost human work efficiency (kind of like 5-hour energy) by using organic material from a fungus in the forest. The drug becomes comercially successful, without known sudden side effect, but with unknown long-term side effects like cell deterioration, replacement of body chemicals with like chlorophyll, leaves sprouting from pores instead of hair, etc.
The bodies of humans that OD or die from these side effects become some sort of compost or like plant booster, explaining the sudden growth in vegetation, while the spores inside of the drug mutate vegetation (flowers, fruits, vegetables) where the body dies. In turn, since many people are dying, animals are able to roam (more) free, and coming upon these fruits, eat them and cause mutations (when they breed) creating a sort of plant/animal mix.

holy shit that might be cool

waiit since the forest must be special (the one they get the fungi from) IT SHOULD BE SUPER FUCKING MUTATED
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 am

How about a near apocalyptic era where human interference with natural processes persists to the point where pollution and failed attempts at salvation upsets the ecosystem's gene pool eventually leading to the genetic mutation of all living organisms?
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  0rphanedpho Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 am

DOES IT INVOLVE THE GOVERNMENT?!?!? well if we're leaning towards stryker's storyline, i would at least like to know how the genepool was upset, and how that changed everything to the naturey, vegetation overwhelmed theme we're going towards.

0rphanedpho

Back to top Go down

Post  0rphanedpho Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 am

kimchipr0 wrote:
0rphanedpho wrote:Alright, just rambling here:

holy shit that might be cool

waiit since the forest must be special (the one they get the fungi from) IT SHOULD BE SUPER FUCKING MUTATED
GENIUS CARIN!!!! I think that forest should just be populated with like frustratingly hard monsters and stuff, because it featured the worst mutations possible, as the source.

0rphanedpho

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 am

An environmental disaster could occur. I mean even in our present lives there are a lot that can go wrong. But I see your point, genetic mutations take decades even centuries so unless it's paranormal or sci-fi radiation I still have to think about it. I would like to note that in real life a zombie virus is possible but only in attacking your brain and shutting down sections to make you act like a zombie not actually become a living dead ^_^. :/ Another possible source for inspiration could be the Cartoon Network show Generator Rex where a government funded nanobot project imploded and every living creature on Earth ingested the cloud of nanomachines. If you've seen the show the machines randomly mutate people and the hero is the only one who can control the nanos and cure people. I believe it was cancelled before it's 2nd season. IDK. But I will agree that a gov't involved disaster or corporation is cliche. I personally want this to be the entire human race's fault. Very Happy
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  kimchipr0 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 am

StrykerX49 wrote:An environmental disaster could occur. I mean even in our present lives there are a lot that can go wrong. But I see your point, genetic mutations take decades even centuries so unless it's paranormal or sci-fi radiation I still have to think about it. I would like to note that in real life a zombie virus is possible but only in attacking your brain and shutting down sections to make you act like a zombie not actually become a living dead ^_^. :/ Another possible source for inspiration could be the Cartoon Network show Generator Rex where a government funded nanobot project imploded and every living creature on Earth ingested the cloud of nanomachines. If you've seen the show the machines randomly mutate people and the hero is the only one who can control the nanos and cure people. I believe it was cancelled before it's 2nd season. IDK. But I will agree that a gov't involved disaster or corporation is cliche. I personally want this to be the entire human race's fault. Very Happy

I APPLAUD THE HUMAN RACE FAULT. Who needs a government to screw things up when everyone just fucks up royally.
kimchipr0
kimchipr0

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:20 am

I think our first priority is setting up the chain of events that are actually playable in the game. Backstories and other details can be worked out after we make progress on the in game universe's "present day".
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:00 am

What about something like a drug that was designed to help people do something good, so most people ended up taking it, but after 20 years the people that took it have mutated. The main character would have been one of the people that didn't take the drug because he felt that it wasn't tested well enough.

Admin
Admin

https://ihsvgpd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 pm

ictaurus wrote:
i can work with taht

Scientifically speaking, all that would be needed for that to happen would be a virus/mutation that prevents the brain from absorbing serotonin.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum