IHS VGPD Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLOTSSSSSSS!

+10
StrykerX49
John de la Cruz
lesliep21
Steven Yu <><
ictaurus
El Presidente
Daedalus_
WeylanWang
0rphanedpho
kimchipr0
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PLOTSSSSSSS! - Page 4 Empty Re: PLOTSSSSSSS!

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:You are thinking way too sci-fi. I though we already eliminated the gov't project/ corporate nuclear/ chemical accident off the list for causes. Intersteller space travel is not what we had in mind. We meant escape to a nearby colony the moon or a Lagrange Point to keep the realism. Also EMP blasts will only last for a few minutes to a few hours causing permanant damage to any present electronics. Doesn't mean we can't rebuild after all how many atomic bombs and nuclear missiles have we tested in real life already? The range isn't significant unless it detonates in the outer atmosphere and judging from your original desert test idea it won't reach far. The atomic bomb was tested in Nevada as well and we still have tech today.
A nuclear bomb that detonates in the lower atmosphere, plus a bit of video game science would create a emp blast that would cover around half the world, with the toxic fumes of the acid soon spreading to cover the whole world, and the mutations spreading throughout. These are future test weapons, remember, not present day test weapons. Also, how could you rebuild, after all, the complicated electronics, require simple electronics to build them, those require electricity and basic parts, that would require oil refineries etc, which would require metal working parts, basically society would have to be running near perfect for those sorts of things to be built from scratch.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:
Daedalus_ wrote:Well, I mean, the initial EMP blast, in combination with an evenly spread biochemical acid would prevent such things from being made; since technology takes so long to develop, it would mean a return to primitive levels of technology for the hack and slash aspect of the game, as well as very limited ammo for guns. If you have interstellar star-ships already, then they could have ended the apocalypse in just a pinch with a neutron bomb.

How does an EMP blast prevent a wall from being erected?
How would a wall help?

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Also if we were to begin this at the start of the apoco then we can't achieve the agreed ending of escaping into Earth orbit as the plan to evac hasn't been made and there would be no point in fighting other than survival making the game end with no real cause other than to live.
Survival and continuity are pretty damn important causes. Everything is based off of those ideas anyways.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Yes but we need a definite end. So we're using the admin's idea of escaping to Earth orbit. And a wall does help. Ever played Jak II or watched Starship Troopers?
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Yes but we need a definite end. So we're using the admin's idea of escaping to Earth orbit. And a wall does help. Ever played Jak II or watched Starship Troopers?
Like many people said though, we can do a series for sake of continuity and day by day events. And what do you mean by "wall"?

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:44 pm

o_O...Have you not been reading any of Linux's, Orphans, CambellChickenNoodleSoup, and my posts at all? The setting is a quarantined city built for the safety of the survivors.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:50 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:o_O...Have you not been reading any of Linux's, Orphans, CambellChickenNoodleSoup, and my posts at all? The setting is a quarantined city built for the safety of the survivors.
Yes I have, I was offering a different but related plot that manifested in a different way to choose between, which could be voted on.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm

I understand now. But the way you were asserting your position gave me the impression you wanted to override everyone's ideas. lol. It's just that everyone has seemed to agree with Linux, Cambell, and my synopsis and Orphans character that I forgot that we're still pitching ideas.

As a note I'd like you to keep in mind that the ending is already finalized. So no technology crippling EMP explosions to mess with our ticket off this forlorn rock. Smile Everything else works and I liked your character and opening sequence. Although an acid fueled missile seems a tad bit improbable.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:I understand now. But the way you were asserting your position gave me the impression you wanted to override everyone's ideas. lol. It's just that everyone has seemed to agree with Linux, Cambell, and my synopsis and Orphans character that I forgot that we're still pitching ideas.

As a note I'd like you to keep in mind that the ending is already finalized. So no technology crippling EMP explosions to mess with our ticket off this forlorn rock. Smile Everything else works and I liked your character and opening sequence. Although an acid fueled missile seems a tad bit improbable.

Hey, if you can make a battery powered by butane, you can make a rocket fueled by a corrosive agent.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, but a butane rocket powered by a corrosive agent is very irresponsible and unorthodox is what I'm saying. I was thinking more conventional like kerosene or liquid hydrogen or nitrogen tetroxide. Plus an electric rocket like an ion engine only works in space. And why would you make a battery powered by gas? Sounds very counter intuitive compared to just using conventional fuel or using nuclear electric jets.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:13 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Yes, but a butane rocket powered by a corrosive agent is very irresponsible and unorthodox is what I'm saying. I was thinking more conventional like kerosene or liquid hydrogen or nitrogen tetroxide. Plus an electric rocket like an ion engine only works in space.
I was just saying butane, but I meant that the rocket would have a corrosive warhead or whatnot, that was supposed to break up the rogue test rocket into chunks that would be vaporized in the atmostphere, instead, the acid warhead rocket misses its mark and instead damages the hydraulics for the control rods in the original rocket's nuclear engine, causing an atomic blast+ vaporization of the acid.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh. That clears things up. But we're getting off topic so I'll just end by saying that realistically a military would eliminate a missile with another conventional missile. Also no nation has tested a nuclear detonation since the Cold War and it is highly unprobable that they would test a new ballistic missile with a live warhead when all the conventional data was made in the 60's. If its just a new rocket design they still wouldn't arm it with a warhead. If they did I wouldn't want to be living in this game's universe cause that would be irresponsible. lol Smile
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Also, current tests for nuclear fission propulsion is done with minimal risks of fallout and without an actual launch (just testing the propulsion), like the VLADMIR project or the SAFE-400. We've also had nuclear reactor subs sink before and have no problems.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Ok. We've gone off topic far enough. Back to plot ramblings.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Oh. That clears things up. But we're getting off topic so I'll just end by saying that realistically a military would eliminate a missile with another conventional missile. Also no nation has tested a nuclear detonation since the Cold War and it is highly unprobable that they would test a new ballistic missile with a live warhead when all the conventional data was made in the 60's. If its just a new rocket design they still wouldn't arm it with a warhead. If they did I wouldn't want to be living in this game's universe cause that would be irresponsible. lol Smile
A nuclear powered rocket without a warhead.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

I know. I"m familiar with nuclear fission reactors used to generate electricity for rocket propulsion. I just posted that. Please read my posts before quoting something 2 posts before it.

StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:I know. I"m familiar with nuclear fission reactors used to generate electricity for rocket propulsion. I just posted that. Please read my posts before quoting something 2 posts before it.

Well, it's a game for a reason! XD

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Now you're not making any sense. Just drop it. I know it's a game and I see nothing in that last post that would prompt to remind me that. Nuclear fission rockets are not sci fi they're real. I gave two examples before. Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to disprove your idea nor am I challenging its possibility. Just drop it. We need to focus on more pressing concerns than the backstory or it's feasibility.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:Now you're not making any sense. Just drop it. I know it's a game and I see nothing in that last post that would prompt to remind me that. Nuclear fission rockets are not sci fi they're real. I gave two examples before. Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to disprove your idea nor am I challenging its possibility. Just drop it. We need to focus on more pressing concerns than the backstory or it's feasibility.

It's a game because the scientists happened to launch such a rocket, not based off of politics on why and whatnot, it happened. And since it's possible, that's what happened. Just with a bit of sci-fi for the biochemical acidic warhead. And heck, most of it will be explained in graphics anyways, so it's not that important.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 pm

*facepalm* Would you please just drop it already. I'm in full agreement with you if you can't tell. It's sci fi. Make ideas just don't go too crazy and please stay on the same page as everyone else. That's all i'm saying. If you can't understand that from the conversation we just had then at least stop pestering me about it and move on with other ideas.
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:06 pm

StrykerX49 wrote:*facepalm* Would you please just drop it already. I'm in full agreement with you if you can't tell. It's sci fi. Make ideas just don't go too crazy and please stay on the same page as everyone else. That's all i'm saying. If you can't understand that from the conversation we just had then at least stop pestering me about it and move on with other ideas.
Yeah, I already got it, I was just typing.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  StrykerX49 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:40 pm

o_o...

lol Smile
StrykerX49
StrykerX49

Back to top Go down

Post  Linux_Makavrie Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:24 am

Right. Enough of that you guys. Argument gets us nowhere. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and we have very damn little to show for it. We have a character, so the artists can get cracking, but we have no idea about what the first level looks like, we have a plot, so we can start dividing up, I guess. We can put character ideas in one topic, have them voted on, and make a topic for each one, choose a head designer and such. The actual storyline will be built around the characters and how they react to situations we put them in (NO DEUS EX MACHINAS), but As for me, I'd like to see the character we have meet with another character, a extra-social paradigm of humanity looking for people that would help the colony (Since a majority of humanity is Batshit insane). He joins his cause in ideology, and starts a search for other people in the next "hub" [Which aren't like mario. They're like small cities, and there would be a few people you could trade with. And they would have the entrances to mission areas. They would ALSO have enemies. In the end-time of that hub, you would leave through something. Whether a hole in the wall (Maybe find a small civilization living outside of the quarantine), something underground (Stryker suggested going through some sewers and helping others through), or a repaired helicopter (I feel it would be the last mission of the area to repair it, and it would crash at different along the un-quarantined zone depending on how how well you did on the last mission)] Any other characters would be met when being recruited, and would have their own story, preferably with three hubs too, and a different route, etc. etc. You bring a certain number of people from each town with you depending on who you talked to, how you talked with them, the missions you did and whatnot (For the gameplay team to figure out at somepoint, should this be decided on). The setting, aside from the fact that it's a city which is being reclaimed in parts by nature is irrelevant, it's the apocalypse, nobody gives a damn about what the city was called before whatever happened happened. Speaking of which, this almost NEEDS to be later into the apocalypse, so that people can have a chance to have their personalities acclimate to the new world, so that the monsters, and the less well oriented people could organize. The government would NEED time to develop an evacuation plan. the characters wouldn't even need to have memories from before things happened. As for HOW things happened, that is IRRELEVANT at the moment. That can be revealed through backstory, whether through some logs, or dialogue with older characters, or something. It DOES NOT NEED TO BE SORTED NOW. Right now, all we need is consensus on how the character looks, what the first level looks like, what the character Leanord meets looks like, and what happens in that first area. We can sort everything else out AFTER we give the other teams something to work with.
Linux_Makavrie
Linux_Makavrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus_ Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 am

Linux_Makavrie wrote:Right. Enough of that you guys. Argument gets us nowhere. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and we have very damn little to show for it. We have a character, so the artists can get cracking, but we have no idea about what the first level looks like, we have a plot, so we can start dividing up, I guess. We can put character ideas in one topic, have them voted on, and make a topic for each one, choose a head designer and such. The actual storyline will be built around the characters and how they react to situations we put them in (NO DEUS EX MACHINAS), but As for me, I'd like to see the character we have meet with another character, a extra-social paradigm of humanity looking for people that would help the colony (Since a majority of humanity is Batshit insane). He joins his cause in ideology, and starts a search for other people in the next "hub" [Which aren't like mario. They're like small cities, and there would be a few people you could trade with. And they would have the entrances to mission areas. They would ALSO have enemies. In the end-time of that hub, you would leave through something. Whether a hole in the wall (Maybe find a small civilization living outside of the quarantine), something underground (Stryker suggested going through some sewers and helping others through), or a repaired helicopter (I feel it would be the last mission of the area to repair it, and it would crash at different along the un-quarantined zone depending on how how well you did on the last mission)] Any other characters would be met when being recruited, and would have their own story, preferably with three hubs too, and a different route, etc. etc. You bring a certain number of people from each town with you depending on who you talked to, how you talked with them, the missions you did and whatnot (For the gameplay team to figure out at somepoint, should this be decided on). The setting, aside from the fact that it's a city which is being reclaimed in parts by nature is irrelevant, it's the apocalypse, nobody gives a damn about what the city was called before whatever happened happened. Speaking of which, this almost NEEDS to be later into the apocalypse, so that people can have a chance to have their personalities acclimate to the new world, so that the monsters, and the less well oriented people could organize. The government would NEED time to develop an evacuation plan. the characters wouldn't even need to have memories from before things happened. As for HOW things happened, that is IRRELEVANT at the moment. That can be revealed through backstory, whether through some logs, or dialogue with older characters, or something. It DOES NOT NEED TO BE SORTED NOW. Right now, all we need is consensus on how the character looks, what the first level looks like, what the character Leanord meets looks like, and what happens in that first area. We can sort everything else out AFTER we give the other teams something to work with.

Technically, we've got a first level figured out if we follow through on the plot I designed (see my topic in forum Decisions), the only thing we need now to get underway is the main character to be drawn to be modeled off of, and since we already agreed on a college wrestler sort of physique, that is semi-figured out, which if following "storyline mark 1", would be dressed as a security technician. Also, many people have said that a linear type of gameplay would be better instead of a modular one, as it would keep the plot coherent and add more to the immersion and realism aspects to the game. I'll type up a report for tomorrow.

Daedalus_

Back to top Go down

Post  Linux_Makavrie Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 am

Daedalus_ wrote:
Linux_Makavrie wrote:Right. Enough of that you guys. Argument gets us nowhere. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and we have very damn little to show for it. We have a character, so the artists can get cracking, but we have no idea about what the first level looks like, we have a plot, so we can start dividing up, I guess. We can put character ideas in one topic, have them voted on, and make a topic for each one, choose a head designer and such. The actual storyline will be built around the characters and how they react to situations we put them in (NO DEUS EX MACHINAS), but As for me, I'd like to see the character we have meet with another character, a extra-social paradigm of humanity looking for people that would help the colony (Since a majority of humanity is Batshit insane). He joins his cause in ideology, and starts a search for other people in the next "hub" [Which aren't like mario. They're like small cities, and there would be a few people you could trade with. And they would have the entrances to mission areas. They would ALSO have enemies. In the end-time of that hub, you would leave through something. Whether a hole in the wall (Maybe find a small civilization living outside of the quarantine), something underground (Stryker suggested going through some sewers and helping others through), or a repaired helicopter (I feel it would be the last mission of the area to repair it, and it would crash at different along the un-quarantined zone depending on how how well you did on the last mission)] Any other characters would be met when being recruited, and would have their own story, preferably with three hubs too, and a different route, etc. etc. You bring a certain number of people from each town with you depending on who you talked to, how you talked with them, the missions you did and whatnot (For the gameplay team to figure out at somepoint, should this be decided on). The setting, aside from the fact that it's a city which is being reclaimed in parts by nature is irrelevant, it's the apocalypse, nobody gives a damn about what the city was called before whatever happened happened. Speaking of which, this almost NEEDS to be later into the apocalypse, so that people can have a chance to have their personalities acclimate to the new world, so that the monsters, and the less well oriented people could organize. The government would NEED time to develop an evacuation plan. the characters wouldn't even need to have memories from before things happened. As for HOW things happened, that is IRRELEVANT at the moment. That can be revealed through backstory, whether through some logs, or dialogue with older characters, or something. It DOES NOT NEED TO BE SORTED NOW. Right now, all we need is consensus on how the character looks, what the first level looks like, what the character Leanord meets looks like, and what happens in that first area. We can sort everything else out AFTER we give the other teams something to work with.

Technically, we've got a first level figured out if we follow through on the plot I designed (see my topic in forum Decisions), the only thing we need now to get underway is the main character to be drawn to be modeled off of, and since we already agreed on a college wrestler sort of physique, that is semi-figured out, which if following "storyline mark 1", would be dressed as a security technician. Also, many people have said that a linear type of gameplay would be better instead of a modular one, as it would keep the plot coherent and add more to the immersion and realism aspects to the game. I'll type up a report for tomorrow.
Just remember to be willing to compromise with other people. Trying to push your idea without compromise won't solve anything. It'll just wind up with us arguing more. We can use your character, and his storyline, AND the other one, but for my input, the game would be taking part well after the apocalypse, so it would need to be modified a bit, as mine needs to be as well. Besides, yours is specific to one character, and the immediate storyline for him, NOT the plot. Your plot would work well for a later game(Maybe a prequel showing how things happened firsthand?), but most of us have agreed that the game should take place well after, with the government evacuating.
Linux_Makavrie
Linux_Makavrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum